Tasty Treat for Dad Recipe List: Strawberry Panna Cotta and Chicken and Eggplant ParmigianaPosted on: June 30, 2021
We couldn’t get over the fact that the A Tasty Treat for Dad webinar was a huge success, and it left us with a major hangover. Due to popular demand, we’re sharing the recipes and full instructions on how Chef Clyden San Pedro created these easy yet hearty Italian-inspired dishes – Strawberry Panna Cotta and Chicken and Eggplant Parmigiana.
Strawberry Panna Cotta
- 300mL Milk
- 300mL Cream ( All-purpose or baking cream )
- 125g Sugar
- 10g Gelatin ( Brand: Knox )
- ½ Teaspoon Strawberry Flavoring
- 45ml Cold Water
- Mix gelatin in cold water for five ( 5 ) minutes.
- Heat milk, cream, sugar and strawberry flavoring. Remember: Do not boil. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Cool down Panna Cotta for 5-10 minutes then pour in bowl or glass.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour until it sets.
- Add whipped cream and berries on top.
Chicken and Eggplant Parmigiana
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Eggplants
- 5 Pieces Garlic Cloves
- 3 Pieces Tomatoes
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- QuickMelt Cheese
Prepare the eggplant & the chicken breast.
- For the eggplant, cut it length wise.
For the chicken Breast, pound it until it flattens, then add salt and pepper.
Prepare the tomato sauce
- Add oil in the saucepan and cook white onions for 2 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add tomato sauce and basil and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes until the flavor develops. Taste and adjust seasoning, add salt and pepper as needed. Don’t put too much salt as adding cheese later can make it salty.
Prepare the batter station
Station 1: 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
Station 2: 2 Eggs
Station 3: 1 ½ Cup Breadcrumbs + 1 to 2 tbsps Parmesan Cheese
Frying the eggplant & chicken breast
- Prepare your frying oil. Make sure that the oil temperature is at 360°F – 370°
Batter your eggplant – flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Fry for 1-3 minutes per side.
Batter your pounded chicken breast – flour, egg, and breadcrumbs. Fry for 1-5 minutes per side.
Broiling the parmigiana
- In a baking pan with foil, add the eggplant and the chicken. Add tomato sauce on top, then add grated quick melt cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F to 375°
And that’s it! Get your pans and ovens ready – we’d love to see how you would recreate these sumptuous dishes. Don’t forget to tag us at @MoldexRealty and @ClydenSanPedro so we can give it a like or wish you buon appetito!
In case you missed the cooking demo webinar, you may view the video here:
Moldex TV: A Tasty Treat for Dad by Chef Clyden San Pedro
Moldex Realty is one of the pioneering real estate developers in the country and has been in the industry for over three decades. It has established a strong presence in the real estate arena through the development of more than 30 residential subdivisions and condominiums strategically located in the north, heart, and south of Manila. Since the beginning, Moldex Realty’s vision was very clear — every Filipino family deserves a life of value, comfort, convenience, and quality.