How the Pandemic Changed Property Seekers’ PreferencesPosted on: August 27, 2020
Real estate is a timeless investment. Regardless of the season, it’s worth buying property. But in times of crises, it’s interestingly one of the best investment strategies. It yields promising returns and poses fewer risks compared to stocks and bonds, precisely because it’s not at the mercy of extremely volatile markets.
Like any other investment though, discernment is important in the real estate industry. Against the backdrop of the corona virus crisis, there have been changes in property seekers’ behaviors. Now more than ever, it’s important that your real estate investment is in a prime location, and that it offers limitless opportunities for residents.
The Rise of New Entrepreneurs
The pandemic has resulted in many businesses shutting down, but on the flip side, it paved the way for new entrepreneurs to enter the market. Majority of them seized the opportunity to provide excellent products and services through online platforms. These newly-minted small business owners are more discerning about the direction of their budding venture, and to reach their goals, it’s no longer enough to operate from a room in their family home. For modern Asians who aspire to make a name for themselves in the business world, there is a premium on independence and accessibility.
Moldex Realty is addressing this demand through our ready for occupancy (RFO) units with our Grand Series brand for high-rise condominiums 1322 Golden Empire Tower and Grand Riviera Suites along Roxas Boulevard, and The Grand Towers Manila in Vito Cruz.
Investing in RFO units here, you can easily catch the interest of young entrepreneurs with:
- Better logistics. With units that can be used as a home office, small business owners relocating near central business districts can take advantage of efficient courier services in the area
- Better client and employee relationships. They experience less hassle when meeting with clients as the location is accessible through various transportation systems.
- Better financial performance. Small business owners spend fewer resources on transportation and logistics, all while being close to potential suppliers and new clients.
The Appeal of Central Location to Home Seekers
With lockdowns in place and movements in between municipalities restricted, property seekers have a new priority in their to-buy list: central location. More and more people will be interested to move into communities that allow them to get what they need, from healthcare to food, without much hassle. Central location will also mean a constant high demand for the rental market, and potential for capital appreciation, should buyers decide to buy it for investment, if not for their end-use.
Considering this emerging home buyers’ priority, investors would want to go for property investments with a strategic location, such as the Grand Series condominiums:
- Golden Empire Tower and Grand Riviera Suites are near top medical institutions, namely Manila Doctors and Philippine General Hospital, as well as malls, including Robinson’s Place Manila, UN Square Mall, and SM City Manila, together with other establishments such as the University of the Philippines-Manila, the Supreme Court of the Philippines, and the US Embassy in Manila
- The Grand Towers Manila is only a few minutes’ drive from SM Mall of Asia and Adventist Medical Center, De La Salle University Manila, St. Scholastica’s College, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, and Cultural Center of the Philippines
Moldex Realty’s flagship pre-selling project, the Grand View Tower, is likewise close to notable establishments, as it’s strategically located in Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue near Makati. It’s a five-minute drive from HK Sun Plaza and Blue Bay Walk. It’s surrounded by prestigious academic institutions, including Arellano University School of Law, De La Salle University Manila, and St. Scholastica’s College. Sofitel, The Henry Hotel, Midas Hotel & Casino, and Conrad Hotel are also nearby.
Investing in units here, you can easily catch the interest of families with:
- Better comfort. They can satisfy their needs easily without the hassle of driving frustratingly long distances.
- Better social bonds. They can spend more time with their kids and spouse, instead of being stuck in traffic jams.
- Better savings. They can save more money in the long run since there are fewer transportation expenses going to the mall or the supermarket.
Proximity to Business Districts
More people are keen on buying properties close not only to key establishments, but also to offices. With the lockdowns suspending public transportation and requiring quarantine passes for travel, home seekers, particularly professionals, would want to put aside this source of stress when going to work. The immediate answer is to look for places that are just a walking or short driving distance from business districts.
The Grand View Tower can accommodate these emerging needs. The high rise condominium tower is close to the Makati Business District, SM Central Business Park beside the SM Mall of Asia, and Bonifacio Global City. Filinvest Corporate City is only a half hour drive from the soon- to-rise condo community.
Investing in units here, you can easily catch the interest of professionals with:
- Better work-life balance. For those who are living in the outskirts of the metro and work in CBDs, they wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of the long hours of commute to get to work (or home) on time. Less time to commute and more time for things that matter to their personal lives.
- Better-managed finances. They can live near their place of work without paying for the hefty prices of properties in the Central Business Districts. Rather than rent a place, they can get to have a place of their own as they invest on their nest egg.
- Better privacy. They can allocate spaces for work within their own units. Privacy of one’s work space at home has gained more significance during this quarantine period, with “work-from-home” setup increasingly becoming part of the new norm.
Real estate is one of the less volatile investments during an uncertain economic period, which makes it a good choice to hedge against inflation and other economic risks. Whether you’re looking for a less volatile choice for your first venture or if you’re a seasoned investor who simply wants to increase your assets, it’s worth throwing these real estate properties into your portfolio.